Connect with us

Entertainment

New movie on domestic abuse – “To Freedom” premiers on Friday

Published

on

New movie on domestic abuse – “To Freedom” premiers on Friday

New movie on domestic abuse – “To Freedom” premiers on Friday

A movie, focusing on domestic abuse and obsession and entitled: “To Freedom’’, premiers in cinemas on Friday.

The reports gathered that lead cast in the movie are Osas Ighodaro, Etim Effiong, Jide Kosoko, Elvina Ibru, Beverly Osu and Eso Dike.

The producer, Mr Kevwe Ogunje, said at a private screening of the movie on Thursday in Lagos said it took two years to produce it after its conception in 2020.

He explained that the production took two years because the crew was intentional with the script writing and detailed in directing it, to bringing out the best in the production.

He noted that the storyline focused on domestic abuse to re-emphasise it as a societal challenge needing to be curbed.

“Everyone goes through domestic abuse in one way or the other. It could be physical or emotional and they are often traumatic and we need to start talking about ways to confront and escape from it.

“This is an educative and entertaining film, attached with other values of life.

“The central theme of the movie is that there is a way out, which means that we can always walk out of every mess of life into freedom.

RELATED STORY: AGN demands arrest of Empress Njamah’s ex-lover over leaked…

“Just like the current hardship in the country and the upcoming elections, the way out is for Nigerians to get their PVCs to vote the right candidates as their leaders.

“The production cost at N50 million was huge because the cast was composed of “A list’’ actors and the location and other production inputs were top notch,’’ he said.

Ogunje said he was able to raise funds through crowd funding and was hopeful to recoup the fund at the box office.

“Our major challenges during production were the Lagos traffic gridlocks, confrontations with youths at shooting locations known as “omo onile’’ and peculiarities attached to working with superstars, who were five in number.

“Human and personnel management is a problem but we pulled through because the cast and crew also believed in the story. This is because once a story is good, the work is half done,’’ he added.

Ogunje lauded the script writer/co-producer, TigerFireRose, the film director, crew and cast for giving their best to produce a worthwhile project.

The film Director, Biodun Stephen said the storyline was inspired by true life events; hence the project was treated with all sense of dedication because it was someone’s true life story.

Stephen said the mutual collaboration between the producer, co-producer and the crew enabled her to focus basically on the directing part of the movie, which made her work easy and interesting.

“I am so glad that we are all here watching the film and happy with the efforts we have put in.

“It was a journey, as we had a whole lot of conversations with the cast to bring out their best; took some artistic decisions and I am glad that everything that we decided paid off,’’ she added.

The director advised couples to shun domestic abuse or any form of abuse in their marriages as their lives were more important.

Beverly Osu, who played the character of a Therapist in the movie, said the story line was intriguing and every character on the set was highly distinct.

“I am very excited that we brought this movie to life. It was very exciting; the story line was beautiful and I can’t imagine a better story,’’ she said.

Osu said she was comfortable acting the role of a therapist as she had been doing that unprofessionally in her private circle by counselling friends on regular basis.

She charged Nigerians to be wary of their mental health and attend to it when they are depressed or overwhelmed with life challenges and expectations. 

New movie on domestic abuse – “To Freedom” premiers on Friday

Continue Reading
1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘Olu Jacobs Is Alive,’ Son Dispels Death Rumours

Published

on

‘Olu Jacobs Is Alive,’ Son Dispels Death Rumours

Nollywood veteran Olu Jacobs is alive, his family said Sunday amid raging social media death rumours and speculations.

The first son of the acting legend, Soji, told Channels Television that his octogenarian father is not dead as trumpeted online.

Soji shared a video with one of our correspondents wherein the iconic thespian was seen calmly seated while he had his greyed beards shaved.

During the activity, the older and frail-looking Jacobs was heard having a terse dialogue with his barber and those around him.

The “death” of Jacobs, 81, has been rumoured a number of times since November 2021 when his actress wife, Joke Silva, opened up on the health struggles of her husband. But the family has debunked such incidents at several times, posting videos and photos of their patriarch to discredit rumour-mongers.

Back in 2021, Silva, the 62-year-old respected actress and longtime wife of Jacobs, revealed that her husband has been battling with Dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB) for a couple of years, hence, his absence from movie screens.

“He is dealing with issues and it has been going on for a couple of years. It is known as dementia with Lewy Body. It is a degenerative disease that affects the brain and it is almost like a Parkinson’s type of disease, it affects the brain so you don’t see the shaking. It affects the person,” she had said in a Channels Television interview.

“It’s been hard on him because he doesn’t understand what is going on and also on family members as well. We have gone through it over the past couple of years and we thank God.

“We have gone through some times and situations recently that I wish I had the old you here so I don’t battle these times on my own but we are grateful for the moment of clarity. I miss the times we worked together,” she added.

The veteran actor, who won a lifetime achievement award at the Africa International Film Festival Awards in Lagos the same year, would later share a frail-looking picture of himself on his Instagram handle, attracting a cocktail of sympathy, best wishes and prayers from friends and fans.

The legendary actor has also been seen at selected social functions, aided by his loving wife while fans continue to hope for his recovery.

‘Olu Jacobs Is Alive,’ Son Dispels Death Rumours

Continue Reading

Entertainment

My music career incomplete without Don Jazzy – D’banj

Published

on

By

My music career incomplete without Don Jazzy - D’banj

My music career incomplete without Don Jazzy – D’banj

Nigerian singer and rapper, Oladapo Oyebanjo, with the stage name “D’banj”, said his 20 years music journey would not have been complete without his business partner, Michael Ajereh, popularly known as “Don Jazzy”.

41-year-old D’banj took to his Instagram page on Tuesday with a display of a video to appreciate Don Jazzy and invite him to his 20th year anniversary dinner.

He described the two decades as years characterised by brotherhood, entertainment and that of unwavering support.

D’banj wrote: “My 20 year journey cannot be complete without It’s @donjazzy again! Giving him the invite to my anniversary dinner was a moment filled with nostalgia.

“As we both celebrate 20 years in the industry, I’m reminded of the countless memories and milestones we’ve shared together.

“Here’s to two decades of brotherhood, entertainment, and unwavering support. Love you always, Brother!.”

Don Jazzy also took to the comment section, saying: “Still finding it hard to believe it’s been 20 years bro. Feels like yesterday. Thank you for everything. Love you brotherLee. More blessings 🩶🐘.”
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Don Jazzy, a Nigerian record producer and Chief Executive Officer of Mavin Records, co-founded Mo’Hits Records with D’banj in 2004.

D’banj had earlier hinted of his plan to celebrate his 20 years on stage at the New Afrika Shrine in Lagos, with the theme “D’banj live @New Afrika Shrine”.

My music career incomplete without Don Jazzy – D’banj

Continue Reading

Crime

E-Money arrests man who accused him of sleeping with Jnr Pope’s wife

Published

on

E-Money arrests man who accused him of sleeping with Jnr Pope’s wife

E-Money arrests man who accused him of sleeping with Jnr Pope’s wife

Famous businessman and billionaire, Emeka Okonkwo, better known as E-money has successfully arrested one of his accusers.

Recall that on May 17th, E-money launched a search for some persons who accused him of sleeping with Junior Pope’s wife, Jennifer Awele and also having a hand in the actor’s death on Facebook.

WATCH VIDEO:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7TVweFIdh1/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=embed_video_watch_again

However, a few days later, E-money successfully apprehended a man who spearheaded the malicious claim with the help of the police.

The man had accused E-money of having some escapades with Junior Pope’s wife and being among those that caused the actor’s death.

He alleged that even while Junior Pope was alive, he was suspicious about his wife’s movements. He added that doesn’t E-money’s move to cater for Jnr Pope’s children till they are mature is due to his romantic affair with Jnr Pope’s wife.

In the video, the man further raged at E-money and his gang whom he accused of plotting Jnr Pope’s death, stating that he can now have Jnr Pope’s wife to himself hence he has succeeded in eliminating the actor.

Taking to IG to announce the arrest, E-money wrote:

“I’m relieved to share that one of the individuals responsible for the character assassination against me has been apprehended by the Nigeria Police Force and will face prosecution. This is a significant step towards ending the scourge of cyberbullying.

My heartfelt gratitude goes out to the diligent officers of the Nigerian Police Force for their unwavering commitment to justice.”

E-Money arrests man who accused him of sleeping with Jnr Pope’s wife

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending

Verified by MonsterInsights